Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ice Skating On The Tour Eiffel.


I heard about an ice rink that is on the first level on the Tour Eiffel and I wanted togo ever since, I just had to find a date that worked for other peopleto come with me. I finally got to go on February 8th. I wentwith 4 other people that are in the same program as me, Abroadco. I met up with Kathy, a girl that lives right next to me, at 8 pm and we went to go meet Alia, Lauren and Brennan at the Raspail stop on line 6. We all continued to take the 6 to Bir-Hakiem,which is the closest metro stop to the Tour Eiffel. After about a 5 minute walk from the metro, we bought our tickets for 6.50 euros and stood in line for about 15 minutes. The elevator takes you to the2nd level, so we all took some pictures and then climb the stairs down to the1st level. Going down the stairs, I could hear the music coming from the ice skating rink. I think Alia and I were the most excited to skate around. With the price of the elevator ticket, anyone can get skates and go on the rink for free.
It wasn't as cold as I expected and there were many colored lights pointingdown to the ice. We were on the tower for about an hour and a half and then left to go get a latenight meal. It is an quick metro ride to a good crepe and panini cafe and we didn't leave the cafe until 11:45, when I decided I needed to get home because I had an exam in the morning.........

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! So great. Add to my collection please?? And how late does the ice rink stay open in the season?

    ReplyDelete